Open enrollment for the ACA Federal Marketplace begins November 1 and ends on December 15.
If your current coverage is from the federal marketplace you will need to re-enroll, and can make plan changes at that time. If you are not insured you must enroll on the federal marketplace if your state does not have its own exchange. If you have a state exchange, open enrollment will last through January 2019. Idaho residents, click here for the Idaho Market Place.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace is Open for Business. Go to www.HealthCare.gov to find a plan that's right for you.
- Enroll soon: the final deadline this year is December 15. There will be a lot of website and call center traffic in the final days of open enrollment. Beat the rush and enroll early!
- Free enrollment assistance is available with trained professionals to help you find a plan that best meets your needs. Go to https://widget.getcoveredamerica.org/
- Plans may be more affordable than you think. In addition to good coverage, most marketplace shoppers will qualify for a discount based on their income. Last year, more than 8 in 10 shoppers could get a plan for less than $100/month.
- Accidents can happen anytime. Give yourself peace of mind and get covered. Comprehensive health coverage is the smart choice. Prepare for the unexpected and get covered!
Keep it Simple: Things to Know about Open Enrollment
1. When: November 1, 2018 - December 15, 2018. Some states may extend their deadlines, but in order to have coverage that begins January 1, you must enroll by December 15.
2. Where: HealthCare.Gov Always start with HealthCare.Gov. If your state uses their own website, HealthCare.Gov will guide you there. HealthCare.Gov or your state-based marketplace can only sell ACA plans, so you can rest easy knowing you’re getting a comprehensive plan that will be there for you when you need it.
3. What: Comprehensive coverage at an affordable price. HealthCare.Gov plans must include key benefits like mental health care, maternity care, prescription drug coverage and hospitalization services. In addition to good coverage, most marketplace shoppers will qualify for a discount based on their income. Last year, more than 8 in 10 shoppers could get a plan for less than $100/month.
4. Why: Peace of mind. Financial security. Access to comprehensive care. There are so many reasons to sign up for affordable, comprehensive coverage, join the millions who have gained health insurance thanks to the ACA!