Without a checking account, the most basic financial tool, unbanked families are hard-pressed to build savings and assets, and to respond to emergencies.
visit the Bank On website
What we offer
Through Bank On, a nonprofit program of United Way of Treasure Valley, it’s a simple process for local individuals to get connected to low-cost, starter checking and/or savings accounts.
1) Find a class that fits into your schedule.
2) Complete three Bank On class sessions.
3) Receive your certificate.
4) Choose a participating bank or credit union close to you.
5) Start putting money back in your pocket — where it belongs.
NOTE: If you have been involved in fraudulent activity, you may not qualify for a Bank On product.
About the classes
For Bank On certification and the opportunity to set up a checking account, program participants must complete three financial education classes totaling five hours.
Register for a class here
Gold Level Sponsors
United Way of Treasure Valley
Mountain West Bank
Silver Level Sponsors
Idaho Central Credit Union
Idaho Department of Finance
DL Evans Bank
Washington Trust Bank
Simplot Employees Credit Union
Idaho Independent Bank