Because of you, United Way of Treasure Valley is able to do what we do best, and that’s uniting our community, service providers, and leaders during the COVID-19 pandemic. United Way of Treasure Valley is working quickly to identify, coordinate and align resources for local families and individuals impacted by the health and economic realities of the COVID-19 virus. These are unprecedented times and they call for us to work together faster and more efficiently than we ever have before. Our community spirit of collaboration is going to get us all through this.
United Way of Treasure Valley is uniquely positioned to identify and align support of our most vulnerable individuals.
In addition to our ongoing work, United Way of Treasure Valley is:
- Advocating for The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Checking in with our non-profit partners to see how they are doing and what they need
- Working closely with our partners at Idaho’s 2-1-1 CareLine to promote this critical service
- Identifying and helping to fill immediate needs with our school partners
- Providing basic needs support to students through our leadership with nearly 30 local schools
- Identifying gaps in knowledge, resource identification, and resource access with the Treasure Valley
- Gathering information on volunteer opportunities
- Implemented our organizational emergency response plan
- Postponing upcoming events including the United Way Children’s Book Drive and Book Bash
- Working with local nonprofits and businesses to build support resources
- Promoting resources and supports for impacted community members on local TV and radio stations
How can I help?
- Become a Virtual Volunteer! This is a time when in-person volunteering is not easy. This is also a time when we need to work together to help the vulnerable. One of the best ways you can help is by serving as a part of our virtual volunteer army. It’s very easy and your help will be POWERFUL in helping us expand our reach to vulnerable community members. Simply like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. We continue posting resources for you to share with the people you engage with on social media.
- Make a donation! The Idaho Community Foundation, United Way of Treasure Valley and Idaho Nonprofit Center have created the COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund for Idaho to provide immediate and long-term philanthropic support to organizations that work with people economically impacted by the virus. To give now click here.
- Check-in with your elderly family, friends, and neighbors frequently. Call them to talk, offer to run errands. Drop a postcard in your neighbor’s mailbox offering help, teach an elderly family member/friend to use face time, challenge them to a game of chess or another interactive online game.
- Donate to your local foodbank. Foodbanks need extra resources during this time, click here to find locations.
- Don't hoard food and basic necessities, this leaves less for those who live paycheck to paycheck and have to shop frequently. It also lessens the supplies for Foodbanks.
Help support local businesses by purchasing gift cards to use at a later date, ordering delivery.
Give blood. The US is in severe shortage of blood supplies. Click here to find a location.
- Thank grocery store and supply chain workers. They have been working around the clock to meet community demand.
- Thank frontline health workers. They continue to put their health and the health of their loved ones at risk to address the crises.
Many thanks to our sponsors: