Meaningful community solutions require more than money, programs, or policies. The kind of real and lasting change that benefits everyone is only possible when people from all walks of life are willing to roll up their sleeves and go where they are most needed. Treasure Valley volunteers, we need your help now. Please lean in with us to help grow and strengthen foundational literacy skills for our communities' littlest learners.
One-time volunteer opportunities for groups or individuals.
- Host a gently used children’s book drive at your workplace, in your neighborhood, or with your civic club or faith group.
- Drop your individual book donation off at any CapEd or CBS Channel 2 location from June-July
- Help us get more books to kids through an expansion of Little Libraries and Red Bookshelves locations
- Adopt a little library
- Build a little library
- Install a Little Library
- Assemble Take-and-Learn kits for our local library partners.
- Assemble Get-Ready-For- Kindergarten literacy kits for high-need children in Caldwell.
- Volunteer to clean and sort books with our partners at Book It Forward Idaho!
Reoccurring volunteer opportunities for groups or individuals.
Got 30 minutes a week? Become a 1:1 online United Way of Treasure Valley reading support volunteer providing easy online reading tutoring for local 1st - 3rd graders who attend Title I school districts that face the challenges of poverty.
Watch the video below to learn more.