Work at United Way of Treasure Valley
United Way fights for the education, financial stability, health and basic needs of every person in our community. We win by Living United. By forging unlikely partnerships. By finding new solutions to old problems. By mobilizing the best resources. And inspiring individuals to join the fight against a common foe: Our community’s most daunting social crises.
POSITION TITLE: Community Engagement Manager
United Way is looking for a Community Engagement Manager who has the proven ability to tell powerful stories to engage individuals in ways that advance the United Way brand and mission. The perfect person for this opportunity will see communication touchpoints all around us, loves inspiring people across the Treasure Valley; sees opportunities to help where others may not; and wants to wake up each day with passion to do well and do good.
To fight for the health, education and financial stability of all Treasure Valley community members by managing and supporting United Way’s communication and community engagement objectives.
The Community Engagement Manager is United Way’s communications and public relations expert. This person understands the power of thoughtful message placement and strategy to engage individuals and drive revenue. This is the perfect opportunity for an upbeat, creative, detail driven person who excels in communications and special event management. The successful candidate enjoys working in a team environment and is capable of managing United Way communications and special events focused on driving community engagement and increasing revenue with an understanding of United Way of Treasure Valley goals.
• Create and curate daily content using a wide variety of platforms
• Understands and seeks audience segmentation
• Serve as primary media point of contact
• Skilled at advancing policy, systems and environmental change through advocacy messaging
• Develop, manage and measure message strategy and effectiveness
• Draft e-newsletters to distribute story, event and volunteer activity content on a regular basis that effectively engages donors, volunteers and community partners
• Develop internal and external content to increase understanding of United Way’s work and maximize fundraising efforts, donor and partner stewardship, event promotion, and volunteer recruitment.
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• Manage annual events to include: Children’s Book Drive (April), Women United Summer Mix & Mingle (June), Flapjack Feed (August), Holiday Helper (November), and other events as determined
• Manage all phases of event logistics including: food, beverage, venue, permit, insurance and legal requirements, vendors, volunteers, budgets, technology, communications, equipment, event records, etc.
• Support affinity groups with event coordination, as needed
• Support all phases of volunteer management from initial recruitment efforts to post-event data collection and volunteer stewardship
• Manage and support all phases of Pop-up Volunteerism (Pop-V)
• Using an event production lens, ensure volunteers have a positive experience with United Way and utilize relationship building efforts to maximize retention
• Follow current volunteer engagement strategy and volunteer-to-donor conversion strategy
• Manage a small portfolio of UWTV corporate partner workplace fundraising campaigns
o Build relationships
o Support companies in campaign planning and execution
o Provide presentations and opportunities to give
o Offer engagement opportunities, such as sponsorships, pop-up volunteer activities, Lunch and Learns, and presentations
o Develop year-round engagement plans for assigned accounts
And of course…other duties that engage and ignite our community, as they come along.
Qualified candidates will possess and/or be able to develop the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Have a “get it done, make it fun!”’ spirit
• Eager to learn
• Team oriented
• Passionate about people and volunteerism
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with media
• Ability to perform duties in accordance with United Way policies, procedures, and brand standards
• Ability to work across functional boundaries to solve problems, improve processes, and achieve excellent results
• Superior project management and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks independently
• Excited to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, donors, community partners, vendors and other constituents
• Experience in event planning and volunteer coordination
• Demonstrated ability to comfortably solicit donations, sponsorships and in-kind support
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule including working early mornings, evenings and/or weekends, as required
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and access to reliable vehicle
• Ability to travel to work in a variety of locations throughout the Treasure Valley, as required
• Ability to lift at least 30 pounds, as required
• Excellent health insurance program for staff and dependents
• Retirement programs
• Generous paid time off
• Paid community volunteer time
• Optional Flexible Benefits program
• Fun, supportive workplace
United Way is an equal opportunity employer.
To share your passion and tell us why you are the rock star we’re looking for, please email a cover letter and resume to Robynn Browne firstname.lastname@example.org