Building Strong and Healthy Communities
By taking strategic action that does the most good for the most people, we work to address the root causes of health inequality. We put boots on the right ground by investing in community programs that connect valuable resources to families like health services, food access, health education, mental/behavioral health services, and crises intervention. We increase accessibility of existing resources through co-location, coordination, and cost saving programs. And we turn voices into action by transforming systems and advocating for policies that promote strong and healthy communities.
- Helping individuals and families create and sustain healthy habits,
- Providing access to preventative medical and dental services for low-income individuals and families; and
- Ensuring access to appropriate behavioral health services and supports.
- 27,574 individuals received preventative medical and dental care
- 13,543 adults received mental and behavioral health services
- 1,238 children received counseling and mental health care
- 7,119 people received reduced price prescriptions resulting in savings of $692,403
Katy's son was diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Sensory Integration Disorder. Katy was going through a divorce and trying to take care of her children's needs. This time was emotionally difficult for the whole family, Katy felt alone, and insurance made it difficult to find a provider that could actually help. Once Katy was able to access counseling services provided by a United Way of Treasure Valley funded partner, she was able to get her child targeted care coordination and continued support for the whole family. Katy has found peace of mind and happiness. She believes the struggles her family was facing would have been much more difficult without the support they received. Her children are thriving, and she feels that the family is finally on the right track.