Thank you for your interest. The following position is now open.
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
Organization History and Evolution
For nearly 100 years, United Way of Treasure Valley has served and strengthened the people and communities of Idaho’s Treasure Valley. We were established in 1928 as The Federated Social Service Agencies of Boise, to build the strength and effectiveness of organizations serving those facing hardship.
Over the last decade, United Way of Treasure Valley has evolved to meet community needs taking on the additional role of convener and community mobilizer as we work to advance the health, education, and financial stability of every person in the Treasure Valley. Efforts we champion include: the Community Schools Initiative, the findHelpIdaho.org resource and referral system, as well as providing the community with valuable statistics and data tools to inform their work (United for ALICE and Community Health Needs Assessment).
None of our work is possible without the generosity of our donors to make it happen. Our donors are the real heroes of the stories, and this position will be their biggest champion.
Goal: In this Development Manager (DM) role, you will have the unique opportunity to secure philanthropic support to advance United Way’s mission in the Treasure Valley.
There are two primary responsibilities: cultivating new business development in the Treasure Valley AND managing and growing existing business and individual donor relationships. In cooperation with the resource development team, you will design and implement donor engagement strategies and help communicate the positive impact of United Way to donor groups as well as the broader community.
New Business Development:
- Confidently and comfortably seek new business in the Treasure Valley
- Create and successfully maintain a robust new business development system (pipeline) matching donor interests and values with opportunities to engage through United Way
- Use knowledge of the market to utilize United Way’s unique community support propositions and differentiators to seek new business
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the prospective partner’s people and capabilities, and specific needs/interests
- Identify potential partners and the decision makers within targeted organizations
- Cultivate new business relationships; identify new opportunities, offer creative philanthropic and employee development solutions, and provide support and stewardship that will continually improve the relationship
- Build new relationships resulting in corporate gifts, employee giving campaigns, and other beneficial partnerships
- Track and report new business development accomplishments and results
- Identify, present, and manage various partnership opportunities (workplace campaign, sponsorships, donations, etc.)
- Conduct targeted presentations
- Input and maintain accurate information on assigned accounts using CRM system
Workplace Company Campaign & Donor Development:
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, and support of volunteers at each employer (Employee Campaign Coordinator) that will help run their employee giving campaign
- Work with company leadership and Employee Campaign Coordinator to create strategy and commitment to campaign growth
- Deliver supplies and/or pick up campaign donations as needed
- Work with the finance department in the submission and verification of assigned campaign information as needed
- Identify individual donor growth opportunities with donors inside your assigned accounts
- Plan approaches and pitches that speak to individual donor, or donor group
- Develop and cultivate productive and generous donor relationship strategies
- Steward existing relationships with current United Way donors in assigned accounts resulting in increased engagement and support
- Support major events and needs of the Resource Development Team which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs. for event support
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or three years of equivalent business development and account management experience
- History of successful account management and/or sales with emphasis on new business development
- Experience preferred with stewarding donors in generosity and developing major gifts
- Strong public relations skills with ability to create compelling cases for support
- Communication: ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience
- Time management: ability to plan, prioritize, direct, and manage multiple projects on tight deadlines to meet specific goals
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to develop information and interpret raw data to make meaningful conclusions
- Must represent United Way of Treasure Valley positively, professionally, courteously, and effectively inside and outside of the organization
Full-time, non-exempt. Competitive benefits package (health, dental, vision and 403B)
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Claudia LeBlanc at email@example.com
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Director of Resource Development & Community Engagement
Salary range: $45K to $55K
Position Updated: 9/9/2022