Thank you for your interest. The following position is available.
POSITION TITLE: Donor Engagement Coordinator
Organization History and Evolution
For nearly 100 years, United Way of Treasure Valley (United Way) has served and strengthened the people and communities of Idaho’s Treasure Valley. We were established in 1928 as The Federated Social Service Agencies of Boise, to build the strength and effectiveness of organizations serving those facing hardship.
Over the last decade, United Way has evolved to meet community needs taking on the additional role of convener and community mobilizer as we work to advance the health, education, and financial stability of every person in the Treasure Valley. Efforts we champion include: the Community Schools Initiative, the findhelpidaho.org resource and referral system, as well as providing the community with valuable statistics and data tools to inform their work (United for ALICE and Community Health Needs Assessment).
None of our work is possible without the generosity of our donors to make it happen. Our donors are the real heroes of the stories, and this position will be their biggest champion.
Goal: In this Donor Engagement Coordinator (DEC) role, you will support the Donor Engagement manager in securing philanthropic support to advance United Way’s mission in the Treasure Valley.
There are two primary responsibilities: managing and growing existing business and individual donor relationships AND cultivating new business development in the Treasure Valley. In cooperation with the resource development team, you will design and implement donor engagement strategies and help communicate/engage the positive impact of United Way to donors, donor groups as well as the broader community.
Workplace Company Campaign & Donor Development (75%):
- Manage assigned workplace campaign accounts to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Recruit, train, and assist Employee Campaign Coordinators for each account to facilitate successful employee giving campaigns.
- Collaborate with company leadership and Employee Campaign Coordinators to develop strategies for campaign growth and donor engagement.
- Identify and capitalize on donor growth opportunities within assigned accounts, crafting tailored approaches and pitches for individual donors or groups.
- Oversee campaign logistics, including delivery of supplies, donation pickups, and financial reporting in coordination with the finance department.
- Develop and nurture productive donor relationships, resulting in increased engagement and support.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, planning, and communication skills, while maintaining confidentiality and exercising sound judgment in a dynamic environment.
New Business Development (25%):
- Identify and engage high-level prospects, leveraging market knowledge and United Way's unique offerings to attract new business.
- Present and facilitate various partnership opportunities, such as workplace campaigns, sponsorships, and donations, while delivering targeted presentations to prospective partners.
- Monitor and report on new business development progress, managing account information using CRM system.
- Assist in coordinating and participating in United Way community engagement initiatives/events to support new business development.
• Understanding of fundraising strategies and techniques
• Familiarity with philanthropy and donor relations
• Knowledge of the Treasure Valley region and its business landscape
• Understanding of non-profit organizations and their operations
• Awareness of workplace giving campaigns and best practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information and ideas effectively.
• Strong interpersonal/public relations skills for creating compelling cases for support.
• Research and analytical skills for identifying new business opportunities, donor prospects, and interpreting raw data.
• Presentation and public speaking skills for engaging with partners and donors.
• Time management and organizational skills for planning, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects on tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in CRM systems for account management and reporting.
• Collaborative mindset and ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Problem-solving and adaptability in dynamic situations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Creativity and concentration for handling complex tasks and responsibilities.
• Ability to engage and connect with a diverse range of individuals and organizations.
• Capacity to develop creative and tailored approaches to cultivate new business and donor support.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise mature judgment and discretion in sensitive situations.
• Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
• Ability to represent United Way and its mission effectively inside and outside the organization.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or three years of equivalent business development/account management experience.
• History of successful account management and/or sales with an emphasis on new business development.
• Experience in stewarding donors.
• Frequently required to walk, sit, talk, and hear.
• Occasionally required to stand, reach, stoop, and handle and/or lift up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to check reports for completion and accuracy and retrieve and transmit information using general office environment equipment.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a competitive benefits package (health, dental, vision, and 403B). To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Claudia LeBlanc at email@example.com.
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Donor Engagement Manager
Salary range: $45K to $55K
Position Updated: 4/18/2023