Each year, United Way of Treasure Valley collects donations to the Community Fund. All donations to the Community Fund stay local in the Treasure Valley.
Nonprofit organizations are encouraged to apply for United Way grant funding. Through a rigorous application process with the Vision Councils and Board of Directors, aimed to ensure goal alignment with United Way’s Community Assessment, United Way awards grants to support specific programs at local nonprofits.
United Way’s volunteer Vision Council members develop objectives and strategies to address defined visions and target issues, make funding recommendations to the United Way Board of Directors and monitor progress toward identified objectives in alignment with United Way of Treasure Valley’s Community Impact Plan.
These dedicated members represent the community at large to help shape, inform and guide the community impact in the areas of Education, Health and Financial Stability.
Here is a list of 2016-17 United Way Grant recipients:
Education Organizations - Education Programs
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - Mentoring Program
- Boys & Girls Club of Nampa - Education & Career Development
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Ada County - Youth Empowerment Project
- Family Advocates - Home Visiting
- Family Advocates - Parents Anonymous
- Giraffe Laugh Early Learning Center - Scholarships for Children
- Giraffe Laugh Early Learning Center - School Age Program
- Idaho Assocication for the Education of Young Children (IAEYC) - ID STARS Professional Development
- Idaho Youth Ranch - Hays House for youth
- Learning Lab - Preschoolers & Parents Family Literacy
- Lee Pesky Learning Center - Parent Preschool Initiative
- Treasure Valley Family YMCA - Early & School Age Child Development
- Women’s & Children’s Alliance (WCA) - Safety & Learning for Children
Total Education (13 programs)
Health Organizations - Health Programs
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Ada County - Be Fit, Be Healthy, Be Great!
- Children’s Free Dental Clinic, Inc - Miles of Smiles
- Easter Seals-Goodwill, Idaho Division - Behavioral Health
- Genesis World Mission - Garden City Community Dental Clinic
- Genesis World Mission - Garden City Community Health Collaborative
- The Idaho Foodbank - Cooking Matters
- Terry Reilly Health Services - Medical Services – Boise Bench
- Terry Reilly Health Services - Hopes Plaza Collaborative
- Women’s & Children’s Alliance - Shelter Services
Total Health (9 programs)
Financial Stability Organizations - Financial Programs
- CATCH Inc - CATCH of Ada and Canyon County
- Create Common Good - CCG Job Training & Placement Services
- Jannus - Global Talent Idaho
- Learning Lab - Literacy for All
- Salvation Army, Boise Corp - Finally Home
- Salvation Army, Nampa Corp - Community Family Shelter
- The Jesse Tree of Idaho - Emergency Rental and Mercy Assistance
- Women’s & Children’s Alliance - Financial Literacy
Total Financial Independence (8 programs)