Each year, United Way of Treasure Valley collects donations to the Community Fund. All donations to the Community Fund stay local in the Treasure Valley.
Nonprofit organizations are encouraged to apply for United Way grant funding. Through a rigorous application process with the Vision Councils and Board of Directors, aimed to ensure goal alignment with United Way’s Community Assessment, United Way awards grants to support specific programs at local nonprofits.
United Way’s volunteer Vision Council members develop objectives and strategies to address defined visions and target issues, make funding recommendations to the United Way Board of Directors and monitor progress toward identified objectives in alignment with United Way of Treasure Valley’s Community Impact Plan.
These dedicated members (Vision Councils and Board of Directors) represent the community at large to help shape, inform and guide the community impact in the areas of Education, Health and Financial Stability.
Here is a list of 2018-19 United Way Grant recipients approved by the Board of Directors:
Education Organizations - Education Programs
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - Mentoring Program
- Boys & Girls Club of Nampa - Education & Career Development
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Ada County - Youth Empowerment Project
- Family Advocate Program Inc - Family Strengthening , Youth Group
- Giraffe Laugh Early Learning Center - Scholarships for Children
- Giraffe Laugh Early Learning Center - School Age Program
- Idaho Youth Ranch - Hays House
- Learning Lab - Preschooler & Parents Family Literacy
- Treasure Valley Family YMCA - Child Development
- Women’s & Children’s Alliance - Listening to and Caring for Child Victims of DV
University of Idaho (Boise) - Treasure Valley Education Partnership
Total Education (11 programs)
Health Organizations - Health Programs
- Children’s Free Dental Clinic, Inc - Miles of Smiles
- Create Common Good - Nutrious Snack Program
- Easter Seals-Goodwill, Idaho Division - Behavioral Health
- Family Advocacy Center and Education Services (FACES) - Crisis Intervention & Prevention Services
- Genesis Community Health - Free Mental, Dental and Mental Health for Idaho’s Underserved
- Jannus - Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Jannus - Idaho Voices for Children
- Southwest Idaho Resource Conservation & Dev – Pathways Community Crisis Center
- Terry Reilly Health Services - Dental Education and Well Child Visits
- Terry Reilly Health Services - School Based Counseling
- Women’s & Children’s Alliance - Safe and Secure Shelter
Total Health (11 programs)
Financial Stability Organizations - Financial Programs
- CATCH Inc - CATCH of Ada and Canyon County
- Jannus - Global Talent Idaho
- Learning Lab - Literacy for All
- Salvation Army - Community Family Shelter (Nampa)
- Women’s & Children’s Alliance - Financial Literacy
Total Financial Stability (5 programs)
For information about our projects, please visit Our Projects under the What We Do menu.